Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best all around boat?

Thanks for the invite. If I ever get out that way i'll be sure to holler at ya!!

My vote would be Towee. Made in McMinnville.

http://toweemarine.com

Default Feathercraft Fisher alert

There is a Feathercraft (probably) Fisher for sale for $350 in Andersonville on today's (7/5/2016) craigslist for the Knoxville area.

Quote Originally Posted by smctrout View Post
    There is a Feathercraft (probably) Fisher for sale for $350 in Andersonville on today's (7/5/2016) craigslist for the Knoxville area.

I would be all over this boat if it is a Fisher Model. That is the make and model I have and it is unbelievably reliable, perfectly balanced, and has a shallow draft.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

Thanks for all the info guys!! Our search is over. My dad, 81 years old, just gave my son and I his dads boat. My son is thrilled to be using his great grand dads boat! It is a 1957 Arkansas Traveler. v-hull, Three original wood seats, still in great condition. 15 horsepower johnson motor, plus a trolling motor to boot. We have used it a few times on Reelfoot lake which is about 30 minutes from our home. Great bluegill boat! Can't wait to try it out on some trout waters. Any suggestions for any updates and accesories would be greatly appreciated! Flyguys!!

Default Feathercraft Fisher?

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post

I would be all over this boat if it is a Fisher Model. That is the make and model I have and it is unbelievably reliable, perfectly balanced, and has a shallow draft.
    Is it a Fisher?

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/5606325658.html
    Last edited by smctrout; 07-05-2016 at 10:50 PM. Reason: tried to attach photo

I know "flyguys" original questions has been answered and he found his dreamboat... but for the sake of future reference for those that might stumble on this thread in the future: I love my Towee. Didn't know that's what I wanted when I moved down here 3 years ago, but after a LOT of research into the options and spending time on the water here in the places I like to fish it became clear to me that a Towee was the "right" boat for most of what I want to do most of the time. We drove to coastal Georgia last year on my birthday to pick up a used one the had only the motor. Since then, I've added the aluminum rowing frame and some Sawyer shoal cut oars to go with it (great for floating the big tailwaters, driftboat style) And I just added a chartplotter/fish finder I got for my birthday this year - works great on the lakes. Now, if I can just score the jet outboard for it I'll be cookin'!!!

Good looking set-up!!

I also have a towee. Love it. And yes, you need a jet for it