Thread: Lynn Camp Prong 3/14

Default Lynn Camp Prong 3/14

Howdy,

First post for me. Thanks for having me. Anyways, let's get down to business, shall we?

I got to LRO when it opened at 9 am, the boys helped me get some dries, but mostly a bunch of BH nymphs and PT's, and some wacky pink squirmy wormies, just to see if they liked that sort of thing.

I started walking up Middle Prong Trail a little after 10 am. It was about 55 degrees air temp and light rain. The guage at Townsend at the time was reading about 51 degrees and just over 700 cfs. Not exactly my favorite conditions, but I had the time to spend the day fishing, so I went. Glad I did.

Started with a dry-dropper rig just above the cascade on Lynn Camp. I didn't get any results that way, so decided to move upstream. I changed to a double nymph rig. The first fish I snagged was on a squirmy wormie in a very deep hole. All the rest came on beadhead flashback PTs or a size 12 prince. Once I put a couple split shots on the line, I really started getting hits.

I went as far up as a little past Panther Creek trail, maybe a half mile. The fishing got really good up that way. I never keep count, but my best estimate would be over 20 brookies to hand, with as many as a dozen hookups that got off, a couple of them would have clearly been bigger than any I landed. I didn't catch any large size brookies, but great colors and good numbers.

I only saw three other fisherman Saturday, all fishing below the cascade while i was walking out, which I thought was odd...

It was fun looking at the pics later and noticing the different watersheds that they came from. A few brookies "seem" very clear to me that they came from the Cosby watershed, and others that came from Middle Prong Little Pigeon watershed. Most I can't figure out, but maybe y'all can.

I have to say it was one of the most rewarding all-nymph days in the Park I have had. Here are the pics. Enjoy!

Nice to see all those healthy looking specs being caught, after all the hard work from so many. Can't wait to get up there!

Talking

Nice stuff!

Welcome to the board, and keep the posts coming
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Great work!!

Nice catch. Welcome to the board.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Beautiful brookies! Welcome.

steve
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Thumbs up Nice!

Thanks for sharing! Those are some pretty fish. It is good to hear that you had a great day. Hopefully I can get up there soon!
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff

Thanks guys! It was a great day. Normally I wouldn't post all that info on a brookie stream, but this is LCP, and it's going to get nailed anyways, so thought I'd just drop all the info.

I meant to mention that the water was mega-high and fishing spots were few and far between, which was another reason I walked around 2.5 miles up. I was only hitting nice clear runs that weren't all white water. I was surprised I did so well in my first trip up there. I think it was a combination of the 50 degree water and the fish having not ever seen a fly before was the ticket. I'm looking forward to get up there when the temps AND the water levels are right.

And yes, many thanks to all the people that made this report possible. The fish look fantastic, and there are lots of them!

Awesome report and pics thanks