Thread: Gatlinburg Trail 3/25/15

Default Gatlinburg Trail 3/25/15

Had a great day out on the river with a buddy once he got off work. The fish were comin' out of the water at my #14 hi-vis-para-Adams, and kept draggin' my #18 bh-pheasant-tail down all day long. I landed the big one and a couple other nice ones on the Adams, and landed about 15 more the size of the smaller one pictured. Tons of blow ups and more silver sides than I could count. Even the ducks where Fishin in the park. My new 9ft 5w Recon turned and puled them all wonderfully!!!!! Plus who got to sit in a hatch all day, this guy.!!!!!! The fishing was EXCELLENT as Mr. Byron said it would be. So, "Tight Line!!!!" And here's a lil good stuff.

Last edited by Topher2003; 05-19-2015 at 08:52 PM.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.

Nice trout

Thanks for the report. You need to get some fish slime on that cork and break it in some.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Thx guys, hope to add more reports, with more pics, and a lil bit of nature. Also, Buzz, my Clearwater I upgraded from had a nice slime coat, and was as hard a a diamond from my first year of casting, lol!!
    Last edited by Topher2003; 05-19-2015 at 08:51 PM.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.

Nice report and fish...I cast a Recon recently and I really liked it. It has a fast action which I like for my style casting.