Thread: Clinch 4/26

Default Clinch 4/26

I fished the jail today from about 1:30 to 5:30 bringing around ten to hand (one Brown, the rest Rainbows). The wind, at times, made it difficult if not impossible for a decent cast and presentation. As a result, fish were only caught in runs that required almost no mending and short casts.

Everything caught keyed in on a 14, 16 and 18 BHPTish nymphs. A week ago this was not true as they seemed insistent on nothing above an 18 bhpt. I caught almost all fish on the back end of shoals with very light takes.

I saw a few sulphurs (more beige with a little orange than yellow) as well but no topwater activity worth mentioning.

Glad you had some success...I stopped by the jail that day at around 4 PM. I will vouch for you as far as the wind goes - absolutely ridiculous ha. I eventually just stopped trying to cast and just let the current take my nymph down and reloaded by just pulling my line back upstream.

That's not a bad way to go. I use yarn indicator exclusively, but definitely saw the need to buy and keep a few heftier plastic indicators on hand to fight the wind a little better..

I was upstream from you and just had to fish the banks where the wind wasn't so bad. I had some wild loops going on and almost midged myself a time or two