Thread: Sunday 4/26 clinch float

Default Sunday 4/26 clinch float

Me and my girlfriend both had the day off so we went to give the clinch a shot. She has been dying to go and had never fished it. Put in at peach orchard and motored up to the drop right above massengill bridge. Beached the boat and got out to wade around. I got one little brown on a zebra midge and missed a whole lot. Fish were hitting the surface a good bit also but we couldn't get a close look at a bug. Small and gray is about all I could figure and she did miss a couple on a small bwo. Walked back down to the boat and found a single hook mepps agila spinner laying in the bottom. Temptation. I threw it twice and hooked and lost two fish. At this point she decided that would be her lure for the rest of the day and she wore the fish out with it. Also saw a lefty fly fisherman catch a bunch of trout right where we had just fished. Kudos to you sir! My girlfriend is dying to know what fly you were using hahaha. We then caught the current/wind and floated on down. Saw a rockfish just below massengill bridge but I couldn't get it to bite. The water was muddy coming out of the creek near i75 so we went back upstream. A pulse had brought the water up so we were able to motor up to the drop below millers. I hooked into a nice fish on a zebra midge that took of downstream and broke 6x. I saw it once and i think it was 15-17 inches. Pretty much floated back down to peach from there and netted all her fish, I think she had at least 10 to my 3

EHC,

Truly appreciate your post. The ability to get a member of the opposite sex fired up about fly fishing / fishing is an art in itself! She looked to have had a genuine great time.

The pictures are priceless. Thank You.

Breck

Man she loves fly fishing way better than regular style but when she saw me lose those two immediately on a spinner she said give me that. She was fly casting above the drop at massengill and really slinging it after I showed her how to haul. She hasn't got the double haul yet be she mastered the single haul in a day

EHC,

shoot me an email.

breckdavis100@gmail.com