Thread: The force is strong with this one...... 5/4

Default The force is strong with this one...... 5/4

Got outta work a lil early, and headed to my favorite hole. A buddy told me he had a 35 fish day, and I decided to chase that goal. You know, it seemed like everything aligned in a way that I haven't experienced yet. The last time I was out I tied on a #14 Light Cahill, this time about 20" down I tied on a #22 bh pheasant tail. From the first cast it was fish on. My Cahill would get slammed, smacked, tugged, drowned, beat, killed, and absolutely murdered, before it was all said and done with. Now, one would think with this much action on top, not to much would be going on underneath. Yet for every time I'd see my dry fly get creamed, I'd also see it dart side to side or get pulled under no matter where the cast, nor presentation, lay (there were a few really bad casts), they were takin the fly. To add to it all of them seemed pissed off to boot, didn't matter the size they were all fighting hard. I only managed to snap pics in my first run, sometimes you just gotta fish, but I finally got to end a great day with 32 fish to hand. Tight lines yall and now for some good stuff!!!!!

May the Fourth be the you..........
    Last edited by Topher2003; 05-19-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.

You've got to love them days where you are too busy fishing to take pictures.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Great job!

35 or even 50 fish days are very do-able. First, put down the camera. Can't fish while taking pics . Then, start early and finish late. The more water you cover and the more time your fly is in/on that water, the more fish ya catch.

Go get 'em!

I don't think the camera has anything to do with it I did go through a whole bottle of Frog's Fanny though.

Glad you got out and had a great day. Freddie and I fished as well and we had a wonderful day full of Big Brookies. Never thought about the power the "The fourth", but I'll take what I can get
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Thx guys, it was defiantly a "clouds part" kinda day for me, good to see everyone seems to be doin great on the water right now. Let's hope this weather holds out for a good lil while. I still haven't made it to Lynn camp on that side, nor made it high enough in elevation on this side to hit Brookies, however, I'm thinking that may change come my day off. Any good suggestions??!?!?
    Last edited by Topher2003; 05-19-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.