Thread: Thanks Duckypaddler

Default Thanks Duckypaddler

Been a while since I posted on here. But I ran Duckypaddler at the trail head. He was a lot of help to us old men. But all we caught were rainbows. Then the 1-1/2 rain came. We hide under a rock and took turns casting to same pool for an hour. Caught 6 fish from the pool. Noticed the water came up 8" and was very fast. Trip to take out point was a little dicey. Got back to the parking lot and we were the last ones. Oh and found a worm container 1 mile in and about 500 yards from trail. Unbelievable.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Been a while since I posted on here. But I ran Duckypaddler at the trail head. He was a lot of help to us old men. But all we caught were rainbows. Then the 1-1/2 rain came. We hide under a rock and took turns casting to same pool for an hour. Caught 6 fish from the pool. Noticed the water came up 8" and was very fast. Trip to take out point was a little dicey. Got back to the parking lot and we were the last ones. Oh and found a worm container 1 mile in and about 500 yards from trail. Unbelievable.
    Great to see you. We saw the rain coming and bailed. I guess I lied to you about not getting out till dusk. I saw your truck at the trailhead and hoped that the rain triggered a feeding frenzie

And for a contrast, both Nathan & I only caught Brookies, no Rainbows. I missed a nice 10-12 inch Rainbow who shot up 4 feet to look on first cast, but couldn't be persuaded further after that.
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

We couldn't hardly fish, the stream was blown out. we watched the water come up at least 8". Little dicey getting up stream to the take out. Kept hearing Byron's voice in my head about flash floods. But with the steep banks and rhododendron we had no choice to stay in the stream.
    Fished another area Sunday on the way out and the brookies were very hungry. Not stellar day, but we both had 20+. Had to drag nymphs deep to get to them. Not much dry fly action.
    Never got to Lynn Camp, plan on fishing it next month with Catie, my daughter and new fishing partner, Gaintfish is into other things now. They all grow up on us. Catie is heavily involved with Casting for Recovery and PHWFF with me, so maybe she will stick with me a little longer.