Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ain't been fishing enough

Default Shout out

I feel like I'm on the John Boy and Billy Show. I'd like to give a shout out to Dan Munger and all the posters that posted on the Hornet Thread. I was completely unable to relax and enjoy my morning fishing today. I sometimes get wound a little tight while hiking in while it's still dark, it seams that there are lots of things that go bump in the dark. Once I'm on the stream, it all calms down. Not today. I spent the entire morning looking in the trees and watching my backcasts for hornets nests.

I'd also like to give a shout out to the couple of guys that high holed me. I can't believe the number of people that were fishing that far in today. Granted, I wasn't a long ways, but judging by the last couple times fishing the 2-4 mile range is the busiest sections of the stream. I tried to get upset about the high-holers, but I realize that they were probably tourists and only get to fish in the park a couple times a year; while I can head up about anytime I want. I truly hope they had a good day.

On to the pics. This is what you want to see anyways.

I caught plenty of nice rainbows. Once the sun came over the tops of the mountains, the bite really slowed down.

Immediatelly after getting high-holed, I headed upstream another mile before fishing again. Two holes later, I was rewarded with this brown. It made the sting feel a little better.

Flavor of the day

As I was walking out, staring in the trees for hornets nests, I stumbled upon this sow with three cubs. Sorry I didn't get better pictures of them. They were too close for comfort, coming at me, and not afraid of humans. I found a side trail, dropped down to the stream and made my way around them and back to the trail head. I also saw another sow with just one cub while fishing. They didn't even realize I was in the stream. 6 bears for the day.

My posts are worthless without pictures

Seems like a productive day even with the high holers. Mind if i ask what fly that is that you are using? It looks very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by skewflyfishing View Post
    Seems like a productive day even with the high holers. Mind if i ask what fly that is that you are using? It looks very interesting.
    I'd been out of town and just saw your post. It's a sparkle minnow.

Default Arizona

Ain't been fishing at all. A quick trip to Arizona and back; and I had to clean off my tying table and turn it into my butchering table.

Smile Not Fishing enough - sorry for fish with low water - Need Rain

Nice post Buzz. How many times has someone asked "Been fishin lately?". My reply is usually, "Not enough". This reply is a repeating theme for me until I retire and then I'll probably have other stuff to do. When I fish in the park I don't care about size or big numbers of fish but I do hate getting skunked. This year I only fished the park half dozen times and quit fishing when the water was down. I just enjoyed being there with life all around me if I took the time to see it. I did get surprised by a nice brown at a place I did not expect and that was just plain fun. No traffic, no politics, no bosses needing something right away and maybe most of all - No hurry. I could feel the quiet, peace and recharge my batteries. Also the cigar and nip or so put me in the right mood.

Let it rain! Thanks and grins.

Default Cool pattern

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmcmanus View Post
    I'd been out of town and just saw your post. It's a sparkle minnow.
    That's a nice pattern. Did you tie it?