Thread: When it rains it pours, ice??? 6/4

Default When it rains it pours, ice??? 6/4

So this week we have had some serious weather. I grew up in Sevier County area, and had yet to see a hail storm like the one that we had. If you wanna see it, it's vital now. Just google Pigeon Forge hail 2015. Unlike the Little River watershed ours has risen a good bit in some areas, due to this bit of inclement weather. Headed to one of my favorite blue lines in the park , to see what this all may have resulted in. Better fishing Worse Maybe, a few bigger fish had come out to gorge on all the aquatic insects that had become dislodged Either way I sure had some water to fish. The waters edge usually is just in front of the rocks, in the third picture, and is now well past them.

I made a few cast up stream to a slow seam, were the steam was split by a boulder and formed a pocket. A few drifts later my hi-vid neversink caddis went under. This little guy gave up a fight for his size (photos below)!!!! Made my way form pocket to pocket, pool to pool. I was knockin', but no one was home. I didn't land my second fish for an hour. I decided to bounce around the park today. Didn't care about boot prints. Made my rounds just seemed to be kinda slow. Landed a couple of fish each place I went, so I didn't get skunked, but Fishin was defiantly slow. It's all good though, I got out. Tight lines y'all, and now for some good stuff.

Last edited by Topher2003; 06-06-2015 at 07:58 AM.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.

Nice fish, thanks for the details. I notice you heeded all your photographic advice from your last thread haha

Thx EHC, when we have room for improvement, we must improve. Figured I'd give some new stuff a try, what's it gonna hurt.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.

Nice post. Your pictures tell a good story. I couldn't even tell it was the same poster.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Thx buzz, I can only strive to do better. Y'all gave me some great advice, hopefully I can put it to good use. More post are on there way!!!!!!

Love the pictures. Thanks for posting them. Wish I could get down there and fish some beautiful water like that.
    You can't stay dry and one temperature all your life! ROB

Thx Rob, the time will come, you will get here. If it doesn't, make it happen.