Thread: Lots of new Smoky Mountains fish links

Talking Lots of new Smoky Mountains fish links

Matt Kulp emailed these out to me this morning. Thought many of you here would appreciate it as I did

Hello everyone,

Our stellar group of fisheries seasonals and interns, along with our web page intern Lindsey Taylor, have worked hard on producing a series of web pages outlining various fish and water related issues and research topics. They did a great job and I encourage you to take a look at some of these and see what you think. Hopefully they help convey some of the issue we are facing as well as educate the public to why protecting and preserving this park is so important. Enjoy!

Didymo Project - Matt Padgett http://www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/nature/didymo-study.htm?cs_pgIsInLView=1

Brook Trout Ion Project - Guy Jester http://www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/nature/acidosis-impacts.htm

Brook Trout Morpometrics Study - Quinn Buckley www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/nature/brook-trout-morphology.htm

Brook Trout Genetics Study - Eric Malone, Kenneth Lingerfelt and Matthew Corrado www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/nature/fish-genetics.htm

Critical Loads Study - Nathaniel Hancock www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/nature/acid-deposition.htm?cs_pgIsInLView=1

T&E Fish Status - Jason Brown www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/nature/threatened-species-abrams.htm?cs_pgIsInLView=1

Brook Trout Restoration Update - Kenneth Lingerfelt http://www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/nature...camp-prong.htm

Fish
    Population Trends - Josh Lynn http://www.nps.gov/grsm/learn/nature/population-dynamics.htm

Thanks,
    Matt

--
    Matt Kulp Supervisory Fishery Biologist
    Great Smoky Mountains National Park
    Matt_Kulp@nps.gov
    865-436-1254
    Last edited by duckypaddler; 08-20-2015 at 10:48 PM.
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Might want to check those links, I am not getting them to work on my laptop or iPad.

I couldn't get any of them to work either.

If you highlight the url portion, then copy and paste into a new browser tab or window, it will work. But there's definitely some funky coding buried it the hyperlink as listed.
    Fly fishing - it's cheaper than a bass boat!

Looks like they have been working on the problem with the links. You are right, Stana Claus, there was a lot of junk in the links. It looks like the park has been "upgrading" its website. That may have been part of the problem but I'm glad some of those links seem to be working. Very interesting stuff!
    You can't stay dry and one temperature all your life! ROB

Wow, that's a goldmine of info. Thanks for the details, can't wait to dive in!

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I just got a lot less productive for the next while
    Adam
    awilson1010@gmail.com

My Blog: Fly Fish East Tennessee
    www.flyfisheasttennessee.blogspot.com

><>

Default Water ph

I'm certainly no biologist, but I read the article about water ph levels and it's effects on the SABT. I was wondering if any thought had been given to liming streams with low ph levels. I've read about streams in other states where limestone sand and gravel was add and made a big difference to fish health and insect life