Thread: Babb 2

Default Babb 2

After 6 months of waiting,our local UPS guy delivered my Walter Babb 7ft,5wt,flyrod,complete with 2 tips,a sock,and a tube..I took a mental pledge to be a 100%,true blue ,bamboo,cane rod fisherman.I took Walter's rod with me to Wyoming.I fished Flat Creek,Salt River,the streams in Yellowstone National Park,the Firehole River,Gibbon River,the Lemar river,Slough Creek,the Madison River,The Gros Ventre River,Pacific Creek.I caught some fish.I took Walter's rod with me to The Flat head River in Montana,The Red River in Arkansas,The Battenkill River in New York.These were pleasing experiences.My bamboo rod performed real good.I had not been to the Smoky's in a while,not since I had gotten possession of my Babb Bamboo Rod,so I drove to Abrams Creek for a little fishing.For whatever reason,I did not get to fish,I broke the tip on my beautiful Babb bamboo fly rod,I had another tip,but was paranoid about using it,2 broken rod tips equals no fishing.Walter made me another tip.I sat the rod and the tips to the rod aside....This week I'll be coming to the GSMNP for a bit of fishing with my trusty Dave Redington Fiberglass Rod..do you blame me

I say life is short, by all means fish the bamboo rod.

God Bless,,
    Dances with Trout

I'm with you Lauxier. You put a nice flyrod in my hands and it will get broken or lost. Dad has some nice bamboo rods but I couldn't imagine taking the chance of breaking one. I live in the next county over from you. If you want to talk fishing I'm at bvtas31@gmail.com .I think I know an old tooth puller near you. Name of Hill?
    You can't stay dry and one temperature all your life! ROB

Bet if you ask Walter, he will say keep on fishing the rod. It would be cool for you to get one of those pens like the rod builder sign the rod with, and use it to keep a log of all of the famous streams and dates you fished them on the rod tube.
    “The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana.”
    ― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It