Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to go

Well, I had a dry dropper set up. The dry was a yellow humpy and my first dropper was a copper john. I caught a few on the copper john. After it broke off, I tied on a green weenie and the fish were slamming it. I did not have any takes on the dry.

Im glad all you caught was brookies...at least above the cascades. That would have started another thread entirely!

Quote Originally Posted by jbuck View Post
    Well, I had a dry dropper set up. The dry was a yellow humpy and my first dropper was a copper john. I caught a few on the copper john. After it broke off, I tied on a green weenie and the fish were slamming it. I did not have any takes on the dry.
    Nice! I went yesterday before getting this information and primarily caught them on a yellow never sink caddis. I had a BHPT dropping off for the deeper situations, but nothing bit. Then I put on a yellow sally nypmh and that worked effectively. I need to find a good greenie weenie pattern.
    BRAFF

Quote Originally Posted by BRAFF View Post
    Nice! I went yesterday before getting this information and primarily caught them on a yellow never sink caddis. I had a BHPT dropping off for the deeper situations, but nothing bit. Then I put on a yellow sally nypmh and that worked effectively. I need to find a good greenie weenie pattern.
    If you are looking for a good Green Weenie to use as a dropper behind a dry, stop by Little River Outfitters and check out the bead head version of the Green Weenie that Brian Courtney ties for them. It is one of the better droppers you will find for the Smokies...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog