Thread: Fishing last Monday

Talking Fishing last Monday

I finally got a good day of fishing in last Monday. It had been only the second time I had fished the Smokies in over a month and I'd been going through some serious withdrawal. Like Stana Claus I have been way too busy lately, and it has really cut into my fishing time.

Well one bad thing about not going for a while is you don't have your stuff together. No water bottle, no water purifier, no gps.....at least I remembered my rod (The 5wt - I broke the 3 wt again 8-9th time a week before not even fishing)

Freddie picked a destination and my buddy Andrew said it fished well a few days before so we gave it a shot. Ooh I also forgot to put SD card in camera so I only had a few shots in internal memory so here's the few pics I got.

And nothing like a wide open highway to hike out on

While I originally planned to kayak, the EPIC rains were missed around most of these parts and all the rivers that ran well on Sunday (Big Creek Greeenbrier - Not Little) dropped out. So Plan B of fishing turned out to be great. The fish enjoyed the cooler water temps and increased flows and were actively feeding. I caught great #'s and would get 3-4 from a pool. It was nice to have a day like this after a hiatus to keep your confidence up as most days this Summer have been low and spooky with many more missed trout.

Till next time!
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Nice fish and pics. Did you have to gulp some river water without a purifier?

Nice! I wish I could get up there soon.Doesn't look good for me for a couple of weeks

Ducky,

Like you Monday the 5th was the first time I had a chance to fish in quite some time.

Also like you i was seeing 3, 4 and 5 fish in every hole willing to bite with the water levels finally being at a great level after all the rain.

The only difference is after such a great day Monday, we stayed 6 more days to continue the magic,

Wish you would have been there

Ducky, enjoyed your post as usual. Please don't forget your SD card again. Your pictures are always too good to miss.
    “The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana.”
    ― Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    The only difference is after such a great day Monday, we stayed 6 more days to continue the magic,

Wish you would have been there
    Mac you don't know how much you are KILLING ME

There better be a report to help me cope on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead8 View Post
    Ducky, enjoyed your post as usual. Please don't forget your SD card again. Your pictures are always too good to miss.
    Thanks!
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Great report ducky.
    My posts are worthless without pictures