Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thankgiving weekend 2015 Pics

Default Thanksgiving weekend 2016

I did not make any trips for brook trout this fall like I normally do. The extreme low water levels and all the area wildfires kept me out of the park this year. I did make 1 final kayak float this past Saturday, out on a local tailwater for Smallmouth bass. It has been a very good year for me and I have been fortunate enough to land some good size bass on the fly. I started out the day throwing baitfish and crawfish patterns with no success, so before leaving, I decided to just work the banks throwing some topwater flies and see if anything would come up. Ended up landing 2 bass, on a deerhair popper, before the generation hit and I decided to paddle back to the launch. This was the largest of the day and took in about a foot of water about 4 ft off the bank.

Nice fish. Deer hair poppers in November. Who'd of thought.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

Default Great Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    I did not make any trips for brook trout this fall like I normally do. The extreme low water levels and all the area wildfires kept me out of the park this year. I did make 1 final kayak float this past Saturday, out on a local tailwater for Smallmouth bass. It has been a very good year for me and I have been fortunate enough to land some good size bass on the fly. I started out the day throwing baitfish and crawfish patterns with no success, so before leaving, I decided to just work the banks throwing some topwater flies and see if anything would come up. Ended up landing 2 bass, on a deerhair popper, before the generation hit and I decided to paddle back to the launch. This was the largest of the day and took in about a foot of water about 4 ft off the bank.

Nice to see the report. I've stayed out of the mountains lately too. Smallies have been great.

Todd Baker
    (technowannabe)