Thread: Making plans for June

Default Making plans for June

I get a weekend pass the first weekend of June. I have a 70 year old father, in decent shape. Looking to plan an overnight fishing trip. We'll be limited to hotels or camping out of the vehicle. That probably eliminates Noland, eagle and hazel creeks.

I was thinking deep creek. We've been there before and it is my favorite fishing in the park. 4 or 5 miles hike in for the fishing. Do you all have any other recommendations? Not asking for secret spots or anything.

I am not limited to the smokeys either. Is the famous river in Arkansas good that time of year? The white river maybe??

Cataloochee.

I am now offering my houseboat located at Fontana Marina for rent, or as fishing package which will include transport to and from Eagle and Hazel Crk + support for persons new to the sport, meals are included in the package. The houseboat is minutes from both great creeks. We also include some complimentary small mouth fishing after a day on the creek. Package trips are mostly limited to two persons. E mail me if you are interested this is a spectacular place right on the water. jwj1951@bellsouth.net

Cattaloochee is a good idea, thanks Denver. For some reason that made me think of Tellico/ Citico too.

What about Pennsylvania? Isn't there some small creek fishing up there? We could drive there in a day.

Both the White and Norfork rivers in AR are fishing well right now especially for big browns. The flow is pretty high right now.

In June I would think the flows will be back to normal. If you want a shot at some huge browns it the place to go but I would suggest a guide with a drift boat.
    Bruce A. Hering
    Program Coordinator/Lead Instructor

Shotgun Team Coach
    Southeastern Illinois College
    SCTP Collegiate Coaches Chairman
    NSCA Level III

Well if you don't have enough time to drive and swim toward New Zealand or to Patagonia, I would go to Cataloochee or to the Deep Creek area. As you may know, Cataloochee provides excellent species and stream variety.

I'd love to go to New Zealand. Been saving for 18 years for that trip, only have another 42 years of saving to go.

Default weekend in june

Russ, you and your dad can enjoy a backcountry experience without all the pain, I will be glad to talk to you guys and see if there is a way I can help you enjoy your trip in June. If interested call me 828-712-8856 or email.

I would suggest staying at docs motel in Townsend and going to tremont. Or stay off 321 in gatlingburg and doing greenbriar. But for good trout fishing with good size I would go Norfolk in Arkansas. We were out there a few months back and put 45 in the boat 2 days in a row with 2 20"inchers. Guides out there with boats are very reasonable. Check with two rivers fly shop
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV