Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can LRO carry these?

Default Can LRO carry these?

Saw from an online merchant, none of my local stores carry them. Would prefer to buy from LRO.

Looks like it would be great for minimalist Smoky Mountain rhodo-combat bush whacking. The 1.2 ounce weight would be good for gram weenies like ducky.

http://tackyflyfishing.com/tacky-tube/

Talking

Think the Orvis foam boxes would be lighter. I'll weigh a few of mine up since I can't find them online at LRO, but know they have them.

Really the Plastic Ramekin they now sell you flies in, or the old ones they used to give away work best for me.

I hope to have a lightweight rod holder in the next few months that should knock a pound off heavy weight of TFO case, yet still be much more durable than the fluorescent bulb thing.

A lanyard looks like a good way to strangle yourself in the rhodo to me
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

I like that it allows for airflow & the magnet feature.

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    Think the Orvis foam boxes would be lighter. I'll weigh a few of mine up since I can't find them online at LRO, but know they have them.

Really the Plastic Ramekin they now sell you flies in, or the old ones they used to give away work best for me.

I hope to have a lightweight rod holder in the next few months that should knock a pound off heavy weight of TFO case, yet still be much more durable than the fluorescent bulb thing.

A lanyard looks like a good way to strangle yourself in the rhodo to me
    I posted about the lightweight rod holder in the past somewhere. You want to use Tenite Butyrate tubing. Way lighter than PVC and way stronger than lightbulb tubes. I think I bought 1/16 wall the first time and it's so strong I will probably try the 1/32 down the road. You can easily get 2 rod tubes out of the 6' section. The caps sell separately, but a buck will get you 4 of them. I ordered spares just in case I lost one of the bright orange buggers. I'm planning on attending the TU camp out next month. If you can make it this time I'll show one to you. Shipping rates are brutal since they are mailing a 6' section. If you convince a buddy to get one also and split shipping it isn't so bad. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...2858&catid=841

I agree on the lanyard and strangulation.. The tacky tube looks ideal to attach to a belt loop though; wouldn't even need a zinger. I use one of the Morell/Orvis floaters now. I'm always concerned about dropping it when removing it from my pocket and when having it open in one hand. I don't have your reflexes or dexterity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
    I like that it allows for airflow & the magnet feature.
    That's what I thought; an enclosed drying area (vs a patch) and easy to drop in a wet one. Not having to open a box to get a fly out or drop one in.

Twenty bucks seems steep but considering I buy those C&F fly threaders....
    Last edited by mattblick; 03-01-2016 at 04:14 PM.

I have one of these I bought from a local shop. I've tried to use it, but I can't figure out any real use for it. It's big in the pocket, hard to put small flies in (I have big fingers), and other small annoyances. Heck, you can have mine.

Like the airflow idea! Have had some days when switching lots of flies and have many damp ones in the box lots of condensation build up. That can't be good for the flies.

Matt,
    We do have them at the Shop.

The current version of the online catalog is very incomplete. There is a ton of stuff that we stock that isn't on there. We are working on getting a newer updated online catalog ready to go. there is still likely a bunch of items which won't be listed...most especially the Fly Tying materials. If there is something you are looking for and don't see just give a call.

The Tacky Tube....my honest opinion is that I would prefer to have a small fly box. The inside of the tube has the slit silicone but the curve of the tube makes it hard to get the flies set. I think they should have left the silicone out and just went with more magnets. Just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Drake View Post
    The current version of the online catalog is very incomplete. There is a ton of stuff that we stock that isn't on there. We are working on getting a newer updated online catalog ready to go. there is still likely a bunch of items which won't be listed...most especially the Fly Tying materials.
    This is fantastic news.

Grannyknot.... The tying materials will NOT be listed on the catalog at this time. They can always be purchased over the phone and we will ship them out with the same Free Ground Shipping.

It would be 2017 before we could get the materials listed...too many items to photograph etc. We have been working on the tackle side of things for 3 or 4 months now and still have work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Drake View Post
    Grannyknot.... The tying materials will NOT be listed on the catalog at this time. They can always be purchased over the phone and we will ship them out with the same Free Ground Shipping.

It would be 2017 before we could get the materials listed...too many items to photograph etc. We have been working on the tackle side of things for 3 or 4 months now and still have work to do.
    I see now. Read that totally wrong.

Will wapsi & other vendors not provide photos of their products for you to use in an online catalog?