Thread: Elk River

Default Elk River

Thinking about taking the wife to West Virginia in July maybe fishing the Elk River. Anyone have any personal knowledge about the river or Elk River Resort ?
    c.v.

Never been there but I have watched several episodes on the outdoor channel of the "Fly Rod Chronicles" lately and Elk Springs resort is one of it's sponsors.
    The host did a couple of episodes at the resort. It is a stocked fishery but pretty place and probably has some wild fishing nearby. I took it that you had to use their guides to fish on the resort waters, kind of like blackberry farm.

some pigs in the river, but its sort of the type of place you stand in the same spot casting an indicator beside the fish feeder all day long. no real challenge, but probably a great place to relax for a weekend. Nice cabins & lodge.

its also quite a haul from Knoxville.

Not sure what you have planned or area you are looking at but see link below for Elk Springs Resort, they sent two of their guides and donated a trip for auction to our last Troutfest in 2015. Great folks and the place is famous for it's early summer sulphur hatch. Private water is also available and different levels of lodging. I have the guides name and number, this is their new web page I believe. Good Luck!

LINK: http://www.elkspringswv.com/
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Default another choice ?

Thanks guys, I'm not sold on the Elk. Just wanted to take the wife to a nice place where she can relax and I can fish. We'll both be happy. I'd like to keep it within 6-7 hours. Any suggestions ?
    c.v.

Quote Originally Posted by cockeye valdez View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm not sold on the Elk. Just wanted to take the wife to a nice place where she can relax and I can fish. We'll both be happy. I'd like to keep it within 6-7 hours. Any suggestions ?
    c.v.
    Snowbird Lodge in Robbinsville? Or Tapoca Lodge there too?