Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret sulphurs

Default Secret sulphurs

Okay with the hatch upon us it's time for everyone to spill the beans on their favorite sulphur recipes. Nymphs, emergers, soft hackles and dries. Don't be shy and stingy. That's right I said it. I know it's top secret info but let's hear it Haha

These split cases have been producing fish now for quite a while.

LOL these guys must have some supper secret ones. Here are a couple. Not really secrets, but I'm willing to share a couple patterns that I've caught a fish or two on. First one is just a simple soft hackle, the second one is a Klinkhammer style. Sorry they are so big, I'm just too lazy to crop them from the old photobucket photos.
    Last edited by flyman; 05-07-2016 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Genetics have been cruel to me.
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

I like the big pics!!!!! Nice sulphurs both of ya

Flyman, based on the views and lack of posts everyone must be keeping their secrets hush hush. Haha

But those are some clean flies, always like seeing your ties.

This picture is bad but this emerger pattern has seen some decent action this week.

Good looking flies there guys, thanks for sharing. The big question, would you mind sharing the recipes with us?

Grumpy

I really like the klinkhammer styled flies. I've done well at times with the bwo and pmd tied that way. Do you bend the hooks or can you buy them ready to use? I have had a hard time finding them for sale even. I used to get them from Orvis but not in the lineup anymore apparently. That's an awesome looking sulfur emerger!
    You can't stay dry and one temperature all your life! ROB

Rob, the Klinkhammer hooks are still on Orvis website, Tiemco & Daiichi offer them as well, there may be other brands that have them that i'm not familiar with.

Grumpy

Default Barbless Klinkhammer Hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Rob, the Klinkhammer hooks are still on Orvis website, Tiemco & Daiichi offer them as well, there may be other brands that have them that i'm not familiar with.

Grumpy

Some barbless Klinkhammer hooks include: Demmon DGE300; Hanak H390BL; Partridge 15BNX or 15BN; or Hends BL 550. When sizing check to see if they are for sale under European or US hook sizes. For example an European size 24 is equivalent to a US size 18. Also, my experience suggests all Klinkhammer hooks are slightly larger than the same size emerger hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinryder2 View Post
    Okay with the hatch upon us it's time for everyone to spill the beans on their favorite sulphur recipes. Nymphs, emergers, soft hackles and dries. Don't be shy and stingy. That's right I said it. I know it's top secret info but let's hear it Haha

These split cases have been producing fish now for quite a while.
    Robinryder,
    For that split back what color do you use for the dubbing of the body?
    "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the mountain. I will fear no trout: for thou art with me; thy fly rod and thy wading staff they comfort me."
    Email Kris

I was waiting for Robin to reply, but I guess it's a secret I like pheasant tail in red or dark brown for sulphurs, and green, olive, or yellow for BWO's. Although I have started using Galloup's BWO pattern more I have still caught a fish or two on these split case BWO's
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali