Thread: White River

Default White River

I'll ask this on a couple of forums. Planning a trip to Stetson's White River Arkansas and wondering if anyone has any input, advise on them or the area?

I fish there every year for the last three years. We stay a place called Riley's station. There is also gastons. You can rent boats at Riley's for around 100 a day There is several wade areas depending on flows. Wild cat shoals , rim shoals and a couple other areas. Also you can ride over to Norfork and fish there. Not much wade access. Call two rivers fly shop, Dallys or wishes and fishes. These three shops can give you a lot of info. Dallys does a daily report as well. Great fishing and fish average good sizes with chances at some monsters. I love the white. About mid September is awesome grasshopper fishing. Hope this helps
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Thanks for the info. Gives me something to research.

Thumbs up

We went out there a couple years ago and stayed at His Place Resort. They have cabins ($90-120) and tent sites (we tent camped). We rented a canoe for the for $65/day and they took us up to the dam which was about a 10 hour (14 river miles) float. They have 4 and 7 hour put-ins too. We caught so many monster browns and rainbows in the first 2 hours we had to take a break! I broke my 5wt on a big one and had to spin fish most of the day. Killed them the rest of day on a Husky Jerk. We must have caught 100+ trout between my wife and I in the one day float from the canoe. We stepped off on a couple gravel bars and chilled out just because we were tired of catching fish... and that's saying something!

Booked the trip. Two guide days and the rest will be on our own. Really looking forward to it. For those that have been...I have a couple of the one man float pontoons(Creek Company). Are these appropriate for that area or no? Any advise on that piece is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacMTSU View Post
    We went out there a couple years ago and stayed at His Place Resort. They have cabins ($90-120) and tent sites (we tent camped). We rented a canoe for the for $65/day and they took us up to the dam which was about a 10 hour (14 river miles) float. They have 4 and 7 hour put-ins too. We caught so many monster browns and rainbows in the first 2 hours we had to take a break! I broke my 5wt on a big one and had to spin fish most of the day. Killed them the rest of day on a Husky Jerk. We must have caught 100+ trout between my wife and I in the one day float from the canoe. We stepped off on a couple gravel bars and chilled out just because we were tired of catching fish... and that's saying something!
    Whoa... That IS saying something. I'm gonna book a trip this year

Yeah! Those would be cool. It's a long float but, depending on the flow schedule, it's would be great for a float like that. We got out of our canoe quite a bit to take a break when a good hole came along.