Thread: Been a while, happy to be back 5/26/16

Default Been a while, happy to be back 5/26/16

As all who live here may know, when it's time to fish it's also time to work. So you gotta make the most of the time you get. I had a couple hours after work yesterday, so I hit up a buddy and we decided to head up the mountain. We made our way towards the Chimney's, not gonna say where, I'm sure you can guess. After picking sides, it wasn't long before we were setting hooks.

First fish of the day.

As I moved up my side of the river, this little one decided he was hungry.

Brought this guy to hand out of the same hole on the next cast.

As I made my way from pocket to pocket, there seemed to be someone at home in each.

I caught some of the most beautiful fish this day.

It amazes me how coloration can change between pools that are just a few feet apart.

I know it doesn't look like it from the picture above, however, this little guys back looked almost black from above.

More fish were landed here and there, couldn't have asked for more. I even got to see a Smoky Mountain hatch, it wasn't like a western hatch, however, I did see thousands a little black and white midges like I've never seen before. Maybe, now I see them because I need to, where as before they were just a nuisance when I wast trying to enjoy a nice picnic in the park. Even saw a decent hatch of yellow sallies, so all in all it was a great day in the park for me. Hope y'all are gettin out to enjoy the weather, it will be winter before we know it. Tight lines! Live, Chill, Fish!
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.

Looks like someone was having some fun.
    To Fish or not to Fish? That's a stupid question.

http://www.tu.org/

I defiantly did Hero, I defiantly did. Couldn't have asked for a better day, but hey, any day on the stream is a good day, fish or not.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.