Thread: any body catching fish?

Default any body catching fish?

Fished one day last week. One day this week. Main part of little river . Caught 5 fish. Biggest about 9 inches. I fish the middle of the day. Worked hard for all of them. How is everybody else doing? Gosh, it is sure fun to catch them on top in such clear water. Today I had one make 8 passes at the fly before we connected. I could see him coming and going each time. Looked like he could just not make up his mind. Both days the only fish I saw hit on the surface were chasing my fly. Andbody seeing a hatch and feeding fish?

Fished the mountains this weekend and it was incredible. Caught 8 in 45 minutes That's all the time I had. Next day fished for about an hour and got 11. All on dry flies
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

The last 2-3 weeks have been very productive for me. I've fished on both sides of the park and a couple of different NF's in TN and NC. The fish don't appear to be too selective either when it comes to flies. I've caught more Browns in the last month than my entire career combined of 20 plus years.

There are fish to be had. A buddy and me went out Tuesday for about 8 hrs. We hit Elkmont and Roaring Fork. I hit 30 or so, he hit 100+. The fly didn't matter, they were just on. This was a truly epic day.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.

Quote Originally Posted by Topher2003 View Post
    There are fish to be had. A buddy and me went out Tuesday for about 8 hrs. We hit Elkmont and Roaring Fork. I hit 30 or so, he hit 100+. The fly didn't matter, they were just on. This was a truly epic day.
    Where was this? I'm up here now and fished Townsend but only caught one.

Quote Originally Posted by alancr125 View Post
    Elkmont and Roaring Fork?

Quote Originally Posted by JayR View Post
    Elkmont and Roaring Fork?
    Yeah, sorry I'm not very familiar with up here. I also suck at using a fly rod. I'm getting better but I'm still learning for sure. I googled Elkmont, is it south of Gatlinburg?

Quote Originally Posted by alancr125 View Post
    Alan, both locations are in the park. Elkmont is located about 4-5 miles past Sugarlands Visitors Center, its apart of the Little River Watershed. Roaring Fork, however, is up Airport Road in Gatlinburg, towards Baskins Creek, its apart of the Little Pigeon River watershed. I myself would avoid Elkmont at all cost this weekend, due to the Firefly Event. Roaring Fork is a little tight in spots, so be prepared. You can Google both locations, as well they both have easy access. Hope this helped.
    I am a fisherman for life. I will always be a fisherman. Itís not something I do, it is who I am. Fishing is not an escape. It is where I belong, where Iím supposed to be. It is not a place, but a lifelong journey. It is a passage my father showed me, and I will show others. When you understand all of this, you will know me, and we will fish together.

Quote Originally Posted by Topher2003 View Post
    Alan, both locations are in the park. Elkmont is located about 4-5 miles past Sugarlands Visitors Center, its apart of the Little River Watershed. Roaring Fork, however, is up Airport Road in Gatlinburg, towards Baskins Creek, its apart of the Little Pigeon River watershed. I myself would avoid Elkmont at all cost this weekend, due to the Firefly Event. Roaring Fork is a little tight in spots, so be prepared. You can Google both locations, as well they both have easy access. Hope this helped.

Thanks!! This helps a lot!

No problem at all, just payin it forward. Tight lines!!!