Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet wading?

Default Wet wading?

Coming to fish the park for a week starting Saturday, hoping to leave my waders home is it we etc wading time yet?

Definitely hot enough for wet wading. Some members on here wet wade year round

It's been time!

I still see guys wearing waders, I don't see how they keep from sweating to death.......

Surfdog,
    Yeah it is definitely wet wading season in the park.. I think the only place you would need waders this time of year would be the Clinch river.
    "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the mountain. I will fear no trout: for thou art with me; thy fly rod and thy wading staff they comfort me."
    Email Kris

Yeah i think with the heat and how small/shallow a lot of the spots are you dont need waders

Side note:
    I have seen some people wet wading on the Clinch the past few weeks or trying to wet wade. They usually last about 30 minutes to an hour in waist deep water before giving up.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

March - October is wet season. unless the weather is unusually cold, you plan to spend a lot of time standing where you shouldn't, or if you are just cold natured.

Quote Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
    Side note:
    I have seen some people wet wading on the Clinch the past few weeks or trying to wet wade. They usually last about 30 minutes to an hour in waist deep water before giving up.

I'm glad you mention this. I've seen more of that this year than I can recall in the past few. Memorial Day afternoon at the jail myself and some other fly guys witnessed 2 men and a teen age boy venture across the river in shorts toting backpacks and spinning rods with water on the rise. They made it fine, but still it blows my mind. Lol Lack of education about the river and/or lack of common sense. Who really knows.

Default wet wading

Great time for wet wading. I am a lifetime resident of the NC Smokeys and this is one of my favorite times to trout fish. It is starting to get really hot on the lake so nothing is better than the simplicity of fly fishing in just wading boots, shorts and a limited fly vest. You don't need 20 lbs of gear to fly fish where I fish. BTW I am 65 years old.

thanks guys , waders have been left in the garage. Now I'm alone saturday as my wife take the beginners class at LRO where would you fish?