Thread: bass tips

Default bass tips

I recently began grad school at UT and know some of you fish for white bass on some of the local lakes/rivers. Any info on how to get in on some of this fun would be greatly appreciated. Like do I need a boat really or can you reach them from shore? Good public places to try. Really a few spots that give me a chance at some fish is all im lookin for here.

Well in the spring you can catch them from the bank on campus at UT. In the summer they chase baitfish in the middle of the lake so you would need a boat to catch them in the jumps. Unless of course you were bank fishing below ft Loudoun dam in lenoir city where you can catch white bass year round. In the fall and winter they stage up in deep holes on the upper ends of reservoirs waiting to start their spring migration upstream

So below ft loudon dam, do i want to be fishing close to the dam? should i wait for busting fish or just blind cast a clouser?

At Loudoun dam the best white bass spot is just barely downstream from the creek that comes in through a tunnel under all the stairs. There's a good sandbar just below that they chase shad up onto. You will usually see several people fishing there, sometimes a couple dozen people hahaha. That being said they can be caught anywhere up and down the rocks.