Thread: Where to go?

Default Where to go?

I'm not super familiar with the park as I mostly fish tailwaters but I have a day off next week and a buddy wants to head up to the mountains. My question is where should I go? I know all the water is super low and it looks like there is no rain in the forecast. Is it even worth a trip up there? Thanks so much!

If you read the daily fishing report on this site, there are almost always several suggestions.

sounds like the Smokies are darn near dried up. That's a shame because I am going to be out there a couple of days next week and I'd like to fish a half day. I'm really depressed about the happenings at Cosby Creek - that has always been my refuge.

The last couple times I've fished the park, simply weren't fun. The fish are very congested into what pools are there and it's easy to figure out where they are. But, the pools are separated by long stretches of "dead" water were there just isn't much room for a fish to be.

Go deer hunting instead.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

I would suggest the main stream of Little River above the Sinks to well up past the picnic area. Particularly if you can catch a cool, cloudy day. The rain today helped.
    Last edited by Bill M.; 10-22-2016 at 08:47 AM.