Thread: Rod tip replacement

Default Rod tip replacement

I have a 10 foot 6 weight orvis silver label that is now a 9'9" orvis silver label. This is the third time I have broken it and I'm just not going to send it in again. Can someone tell me what size I need to just put a tip on the thing? Do I just millimeter the tip or what? Thanks in advance.
    Lynn

I would put a caliper on it and then go ahead and order the one closest to that shzecyiu can find as well as well the next size up and down. Replacement tips are cheap enough that i figure better safe than sorry to try to get the best fit

Thanks pal.

No Hackle, I feel your pain bud and I usually follow the same approach and try to fix things myself instead of having to deal with all the headache of sending it back. I would email Orvis with a picture and the information about your rod. Ask them if they would just send you a replacement without sending in the rod. It never hurts to try and they are fabulous with customer service. My rod repairs have never turned out that well. I tend to not fish those rods that much.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

I may do that. Thanks for the advice. I'm taking a steelhead trip in April and hope the rod will be a good backup while there. Maybe my six weight will be more like a 7 weight when all is said and done.
    Lynn