Thread: Fly Tiers Weekend November 4-5 2016 Bryson City N.C.

Default Fly Tiers Weekend November 4-5 2016 Bryson City N.C.

"Don't forget next Friday & Saturday, November 4-5 the Tennessee State Trout Unlimited chapters will have a booth to talk and meet with folks. Stop by and say hello! "

FREE ADMISSION!

BBQ Saturday night $20 SEE DETAILS BELOW

FLY TIERS WEEKEND-FLY FISHING MUSEUM-BRYSON CITY, NC

The fly tiers weekend previously held in Townsend, TN has moved this year to the newly relocated Fly Fishing Museum in Bryson City, NC.The museum had their grand re-opening this past September 23, 2016 and will be the host this year. See tiers from across the country over two days on the North Carolina side of the Smokies.

November 4-5, 9 am - 5 pm*
    Birdtown Complex, 1212 Birdtown Rd. (US 19) between Bryson City and Cherokee.
    Fly anglers from across the southeast will enjoy sitting with the various multi-talented fly tyers that will conduct demonstration sessions, tell how they tie their specific flies and answer fly tying and fly fishing questions. Admission is free, but donations for the museum will be welcome. *BBQ & Bluegrass at 7 pm, Saturday featuring Eddie Rose and The Highway 40 Band. Tickets, $20 in advance, $25 at the door.

LINK:*https://flyfishingmuseum.org
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Someone asked me about the tiers demonstrating, I don't think they have posted the list of tiers on the Museum website link above yet. Check back periodically on that site, I do believe Tradd Little, the young man that LRO has brought to the shop to tie numerous times will be there. Take time to watch him tie; to be his age and that skilled is amazing. The most fun is to watch long time tiers walking away scratching their head after he shows them some of his flies! The weather we are having may hold and give us another great weekend here in the mountains, see ya there!
    Last edited by bigsur; 10-30-2016 at 06:33 PM.

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Hate I'm going to miss this one. I always enjoy see old friends and making a few new ones. I was scheduled to tie Saturday afternoon but I'm having some back and hip issues (old age) and just don't feel up to making the drive or sitting and tying. Check it out if you get a chance. I saw some good fly tiers on the list.
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Anyone go? Photos/News, I kinda been out of the loop. Between my health problems and my mom being in Hospice care I've been laying low.
    Salvador Dali

We had a great time over 2 days, the weather was picture perfect, warm days, cool nights. There were a lot of tiers, from around the south primarily, I got to to reconnect with tiers especially from the N.C. side like Rex Wilson and Ron Gaddy, two of the best tiers and all around nice guys. Tradd Little of course always draws a crowd when he ties and we got to meet some tiers doing some really innovative flies that we cannot wait to try.

I wish we had been able to fish more but managed to get away from the TU booth on Saturday evening for an hour or two before dark and hit Deep Creek. Bryson City is a great little mountain town with great craft beer at Nantahala Brewing company, pizza at Anthony's and old school breakfasts for pancakes at Everett's Diner. When you add in the Tuck rolling right thru the center of town it has a Colorado mountain town vibe, will definitely go back for some quality fishing!

TRADD LITTLE

CLAYTON GIST ON THE RIGHT

MIKE BRYANT (LEFT) DAVE HARRELL (RIGHT)

MIKE ADAMS REP'IN SOUTH HOLSTON

REX WILSON STONE FLY EXTRAORDINAIRE

RON GADDY REP'IN NC

MIKE KESSELRING(RIGHT) NOREL HUDSON(LEFT)

KEVIN COUGHLIN (LEFT) CHAD FOUTS(RIGHT)

LAURA KINNERLY

GENE BARRINGTON REP'IN GEORGIA
    Last edited by bigsur; 11-08-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks Bigsur I see lots of familiar faces, some I didn't know were out of prison already Hate to miss any of these type things especially in WNC. It's the only time I get to see some of these guys. Bryson City is a nice little mountain town. Just the right size for me.
    Salvador Dali

it was great to see everyone! and even got to shoot the breeze with some of yall at deep creek