Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday-January 1-2017-It's coming! Bigsur's New Year's Day Karma Tradition

Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    This get together sounds like fun. The though of eating cold gelatinous canned meat products might automatically disqualify me from the contest though
    Flyman - Don't worry about the quality of the eats available. I will be whipping up another big batch of my "sho-nuff Cajun" gumbo for the adventurous of spirit in attendance. Guaranteed to warm the cockles of your heart, and anything else that might get chilled!!
    Fly fishing - it's cheaper than a bass boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Stana Claus View Post
    Flyman - Don't worry about the quality of the eats available. I will be whipping up another big batch of my "sho-nuff Cajun" gumbo for the adventurous of spirit in attendance. Guaranteed to warm the cockles of your heart, and anything else that might get chilled!!
    Woooolaw... got Stana Claus's RSVP this morning, this aint' just gumbo, it's cooked by a bonified, dyed in the swamp Cajun! Thanks Stana!

Stana makin the voodoo, Thunderhead8 lookin like a porch dog waitin last year!

"It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Would love to come out!! Maybe this year I can make it. My son doesn't start classes until around the 15th of Jan.

AHHH YEAH!!! Stana's gumbo is definitely worth the trip!!! Ducky,Illove the idea for the trophy and nevermind what Bigsur says, it does remind me of him.
    "Yea, though I walk through the shadow of the mountain. I will fear no trout: for thou art with me; thy fly rod and thy wading staff they comfort me."
    Email Kris

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigsur View Post
    ducky,
    You have truly outdone yourself this time (he has not heard that since his wedding night!)! Your award has elevated this event to a level of class that we are totally uncomfortable with, but do not worry we will probably get mud on it at some point.

I am however disappointed in the artist rendition ( I looked that word up) of me, if possible please use the most recent picture below from last week of me. If unable no worries we will go with what you have and label it as an age progressive photo(looked that word up too..) like the authorities use. It will also confuse them in any resulting melee where suspect identification may be required!

AS BIGSUR SEES HIMSELF AFTER ADULT LIBATIONS(use in sentence: "they steadily worked their way through free food and the occasional libation"!)
    Give me a close up shot of your face with a big cigar in it and I'll replace it
    You would have to gain 30-40 ponds to look like that

Brad Pitt - your not even Brad Arm-Pitt
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    Give me a close up shot of your face with a big cigar in it and I'll replace it
    You would have to gain 30-40 ponds to look like that

Brad Pitt - your not even Brad Arm-Pitt

Ducky,

Leave it as is.....it's like looking at a male Mona Lisa, the mysterious smile, the cigar jauntily set in an Adonis like jaw. Two words...I'm gorgeous! It also goes a long way to explain why people jump out of my fishing holes when I catch them. It is a face that makes them think he may hurt, maim, or eat us...all distinct possibilities. No.. do not change, it truly captures the rugged American spirit of someone admired by men, chased by women and beloved by children and forest creatures alike!
    Last edited by bigsur; 12-23-2016 at 11:54 AM.

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

You never know what you will see on "BIGSUR'S NEW YEAR'S DAY KARMA TRADITION"

KAYAKERS

FISHERMAN

AND OF COURSE THE GIRL WHO JUMPED OUT OF HER CAR AND STARTED HER POLAR BEAR CLUB OF ONE!

"God bless us all Tiny Tim"

Talking

Got back from PA. With not too much on the agenda for today I got time to finish the trophy. Hopefully it will stir up some competition

Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    Got back from PA. With not too much on the agenda for today I got time to finish the trophy. Hopefully it will stir up some competition

"Great job ducky! This event is gettin awful classy, what's next regular baths before spring! Big fun, big times, hope to see everyone Sunday! Rain or shine we roll!"

I'm finally going to be in town for this event. Hope you guys don't mind a fella from north of the border who drinks cheap beer and chews Red Man chewing tobacco!