Thread: Saturday June 10th, 2017-Kid's Fish Free Day-Volunteers Needed- Clinch River TU

Default Saturday June 10th, 2017-Kid's Fish Free Day-Volunteers Needed- Clinch River TU

Clinch River Chapter of Trout Unlimited Needs You!
    Help with Kids Fish Free Day—it's fun for adults too!

Wanted: volunteers, boats and LOTS OF CHILDREN!: Our happiest event of the year: Kids Fish Free Day on Saturday, June 10. It’s open to all and admission is free.

Volunteers will start about 8 a.m. Jobs include teaching the basics of bait fishing, spin fishing, fly fishing and fly tying, plus taking the kids on boat rides; volunteers are also needed for registration, hot dog cooking, suiting up children in waders and other support jobs. Fishing equipment will be available for loan to children who don’t have any.

Children will be fishing, tying flies, riding in boats, eating hot dogs and signing up for door prizes from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. As always, the event will be at the Miller Island boat access. Kids Fish Free Day coincides with the statewide Tennessee Free Fishing Day, so no fishing licenses are required. Cooperating with us in the event are the Tennessee Valley Authority and Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

Because of publicity, we expect a big crowd. Additional boats are a special need. If you can help—or if you can provide a boat—please contact Dick Geiger at geiger3892@gmail.com or (865) 599-2604.

P.S. Bigsur has been volunteering for this event sponsored by our fellow Clinch River Trout Unlimited chapter for years."I can say hands down it is one of the best times of the year on the river. I have met so many parents, grandparents and their kids who come back year after year for this day, some even becoming TU families. Help us with the next generation of anglers and outdoors enthusiasts; and make this a special day for all!"

Remember: As always you do not have to be a member to attend any Trout Unlimited event!
    Last edited by bigsur; 05-24-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Bring the family and friends and "Come on Out", this Saturday June 10th, 2017 at Millers Island on River Road on the Clinch River at 9AM. "Kids Fish Free Day", sponsored by the Clinch River Trout Unlimited Chapter! In coordination with TVA and TWRA this free event for kids is the best way to spend a day on the water.

Kids just need to show up with a family member or guardian, all gear from fly rods to spinning rods, boat rides, waders, and all equipment is provided. Lunch, (yes..free)for the whole family is provided with hot dogs n fixins for all, and a drawing for prizes for the kids. If you have ever wanted to introduce a child to fishing at no cost this is the perfect day!

"SEE YA ON THE RIVER!"

Remember: As always you do not have to be a member to attend any Trout Unlimited event!

"It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

If I didn't have Farmer's Market, the boys and I would be there for sure. Looks like a great event. Good job on all your hard work for TU.

Now that your moving up and gaining influence in the TU sphere, maybe you can do me a favor. I didn't renew my membership this year cause I was sick of the constant bombardment of mail always asking for donations for this that or the other. I really believe they spent more on mail in one year to me than I did in membership dues. I understand the need to raise funds, but 20+ mailers a year is simply too much. Maybe if they had a way to opt out of receiving mail? Don't get me wrong I love the mission of TU, and think the local chapters are doing an excellent job and get an A+ mark from me, but all the mailers are simply too much, and I would prefer my dollars going elsewhere. Thanks and forgive me for the off topic post
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com