Thread: Fairbanks AK

Default Fairbanks AK

Headed to Fairbanks on a business trip in a few weeks. Anyone fished there? I have a free afternoon and plan to fish. Won't have time to wander far off. Any tips welcome.

Checkout "Alaska Outdoors Forums" and look at the fly fishing sub forum. If time constraints are a concern, I would do a guided trip so not to waste any time, plus they know which streams are blown out due to rain. Hope this helps.

Well I made the trip and the fishing and scenery were as great as I expected. We floated the Chena River for 5 miles and fished exclusively for grayling. Caught more than I could count. Mainly fished up top with a terrestrial but also fished low with a salmon egg fly. No tandems they only allow single hook setups this time of year. Grayling are fun to catch similar to trout.

Saw moose, beavers, and a bald eagle. Alaska is blessed just like we are with indescribable natural beauty. I recommend checking it out.

Glad you had the opportunity to enjoy your time there. Only went there once and it was blown out so we we had to settle for some ponds that were close by.