Thread: Road Prong?

Default Road Prong?

I know that the Road Prong trail is currently closed on the Gatlinburg side due to the fire at Chimney Tops, but can you hike in from the Clingman's Dome Road side?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RobL View Post
    I know that the Road Prong trail is currently closed on the Gatlinburg side due to the fire at Chimney Tops, but can you hike in from the Clingman's Dome Road side?

Thanks!
    Not legally. While I believe the streambed is not "technically closed" you really aren't supposed to place a foot on the trail. Also they closed the whole trail not just up from Chimney's parking lot to Beech gap. That being said you would probably get away with it, but also be on a trail cam.
    Call me if you want to go fishing, boating, hiking, or if you want to buy a foamie
    www.foamiefriends.com

Quote Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
    Not legally. While I believe the streambed is not "technically closed" you really aren't supposed to place a foot on the trail. Also they closed the whole trail not just up from Chimney's parking lot to Beech gap. That being said you would probably get away with it, but also be on a trail cam.
    Ah well! Guess I better wait.

Thanks for the information.