Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norris sluicing tomorrow?

Default Norris sluicing tomorrow?

TVA site says Norris sluicing 5000 cfs till further notice. I assume this would apply to tomorrow during the period of 0 generators but I was hopeful that that's not the case and I could still fish. Does anyone know one way or another?

According to the app, it doesn't show sluicing tomorrow.

Anyone have any experience with this from the past. I have seen these messages on the site before, has anyone actually gone when it said zero generators but had a similar message about sluicing?
    Don't wanna go and have it be blown out.

I know this is late, if you scroll to the past 48 hours, you can see what the discharge has been. If the 5000CFS isn't showing up, it's a safe bet they aren't using it. It's still a gamble though with the CORP.

Late reply because I was on the clinch all weekend, they did recreation flow. There a calendar that tells you which weekends they do the recreation flow on the tva website somewhere. Sluicing all through the week and recreation flow on weekends is basically what they are doing here recently

elkhair-how was the fishing?

I was at Miller's this morning and was handed my first skunk of the year. It may take awhile to was this off. "Should have been here yesterday" was what I kept hearing.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

3 of us fished the lower section this afternoon , everyone hit, small bows , water clear, beautiful day, small kayak hatch late afternoon. .
    Last edited by bigsur; 09-03-2017 at 06:35 PM.
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

I fished millers this morning, kinda slow picked up maybe 8 or so from 7-11. one man with a spinning rod was killllllling them on salmon eggs in the pool after the island.
    I moved to the jail around 11:30 to fish till 2 and managed to hook about 6 or 7 more. small midges and maybe a sz 14 sulphur nymph were all I used.
    All in all not a terrible day just slow. Fish at the jail seemed to be larger atleast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I know this is late, if you scroll to the past 48 hours, you can see what the discharge has been. If the 5000CFS isn't showing up, it's a safe bet they aren't using it. It's still a gamble though with the CORP.
    Right!!! Who knows what TVA is going to put out for the flow on the Clinch? Have been last two Sundays expecting 1 generator flow till midnight. Arrive at 230pm and in an hour its blown out at 6000+cfs. The web and the app indicate the same but not actually what is happening...yes I know it clearly states that it can change without notice...but this seems to be becoming SOP for TVA. I would not waste my time going with good information that the flow is changing at 3pm.