Thread: Metcalf Yesterday

Default Metcalf Yesterday

Havent seen a report in a while so I'll share one. Fished about a mile past metcalf picnic area yesterday from 2-5. Did fairly well landing maybe 10 or so with a few decent sized fish thrown in the mix. Fished a big zug bug with a small copper john dropped off the back with some lead. Mainly focused on the deep slow runs and had a good time. Weather was great. did see a few small stoneflies around but no action on top so stuck to the nymph rig.

Thanks for the report. Glad to read that folks are getting out.

Thumbs up Thanks for the report

Quote Originally Posted by 3wt View Post
    Havent seen a report in a while so I'll share one. Fished about a mile past metcalf picnic area yesterday from 2-5. Did fairly well landing maybe 10 or so with a few decent sized fish thrown in the mix. Fished a big zug bug with a small copper john dropped off the back with some lead. Mainly focused on the deep slow runs and had a good time. Weather was great. did see a few small stoneflies around but no action on top so stuck to the nymph rig.
    Thanks for the report. I was able to get out for a couple of hours the day before, but headed up closer to Elkmont. I saw several trucks I think belonged to fly fisherman as soon as I hit Metcalf so I kept going. I think I went too high or fished behind someone, it was way slow. Still good to get out though.
    -:- Todd Baker
    -:- Former Coloradoan with Appalachian roots and saltwater aspirations.
    -:- https://www.instagram.com/technowannabe/