Thread: New member from Indiana

Default New member from Indiana

I will be taking my first ever trip to Tennessee this June. I will be staying in the La Follette area for a week. I already have a float trip on the Clinch River, and a charted on Norris Lake scheduled. I am looking at traveling to The Great Smoky Mountains National Park and doing a little fishing. I am mainly a warm water fisherman so all this trout stuff is pretty new. I am looking forward to exploring the park and trying to catch a few trout. Thanks for allowing to join the forums.

Mike Prybis

WELCOME! Just jump in feet first on this forum and have at it with any questions, next thing you know after about two trips you will be selling everything and
    moving to E. Tennessee!

"It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Just to give a little background. I was born in Ohio, grew up in Maryland where I joined the Army. Was stationed in Germany, California, and Texas. Got out after ten years and went back to Maryland. I did not fish until I moved to Indiana in 2002. I started fishing about 2004 the fly fishing around 2006. Used to fish both styles but the last 5 years it has either been Tenkara or Fly Fishing. I also volunteer with the local PHW. At times I wish I would have started fishing earlier in life but then I may not be where I am if I did.

Mike P.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion1971 View Post
    Just to give a little background. I was born in Ohio, grew up in Maryland where I joined the Army. Was stationed in Germany, California, and Texas. Got out after ten years and went back to Maryland. I did not fish until I moved to Indiana in 2002. I started fishing about 2004 the fly fishing around 2006. Used to fish both styles but the last 5 years it has either been Tenkara or Fly Fishing. I also volunteer with the local PHW. At times I wish I would have started fishing earlier in life but then I may not be where I am if I did.

Mike P.
    Welcome Mike. If you're like me you'll be traveling down every chance you get. I'm a bit south of Dayton, OH. I could drive 90 minutes to the Mad or Brookville, but normally end up adding another 4 hours to get to the Smokies. One of these days I'm going to hit hatchery creek on the trip down..

- Matt-