Thread: Caney Map with with rise & fall times

Default Caney Map with with rise & fall times

Several years ago, I saw a map that showed various points along the Caney Fork and when the water would rise upon generation start and when it would fall when generation stopped.

I've search and searched without any luck. Does anyone know a source for map like this?

Appreciate any help here. Just knowing a couple times would help a lot.

Thanks,
    Regis

Rise with one unit
    Lancaster-35 minutes
    Happy Hollow-2 hrs
    Betty's Island-3 hrs

Fall out @3500 is typically double the rise time, if they run for more than a few hours, it can take longer. If they sluice, rise times will be shorter & fall out will take longer. That can be different as well during the rainy weather when the Cumberland is running high, fall out can take longer then.

"This is from a person on this forum in 2007, doubt it has changed much" see below, hope it helps!"

Posted 2007 by
    DryFly1
    02-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Updated times: Previously I had posted the times by what I had been told. I've never actually timed it, and have always been out well before the levels start coming up, but I verified these times by the folks at Big Rock Market this week.. New times are as follows...

"Happy Hollow" access area provides a gravel parking, easy access to the river and a gravel ramp for either launching a boat during generation or easy access for canoes to put in or take out. When generation starts at the Center Hill dam the rising water takes approximately 2 to 2 + hours to reach Happy Hollow and 4 to 4.5 hours to fall back to pregeneration levels.

Rest Area at I-40 *This is a good fishing area to park at and walk to, but for canoe access use Happy Hollow Access Area. It's only .25 mile up stream, and you can drive right to your boat. Water level approx same as Happy Hollow.

"Betty's Island" Access Area has a gravel parking area and good river access. There is no boat ramp but there is easy access to put in or take out a canoe(Actually, I think they have completed the ramp now). When generation starts at the Center Hill dam the rising water takes approximately 3 to 3.5 hours to reach Betty's Island access area.

Last edited by bigsur; 04-13-2018 at 01:12 PM.
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Thank you Bigsur & Grumpy. This does give me a good reference. Watching generator schedule for a couple months now. Only zero generation is in middle of night (one was until 8am though).

Appreciate your help on this.
    Regis