Thread: Slam

Default Slam

I'm coming in tomorrow morning to fish for 4 days really looking to get the slam this time but the browns somehow always find a way to elude me.So with that being said what's everybody go to flies when specifically targeting browns in the park?Also going to be breaking in my new Syndicate Euro rod this trip to.

With the higher water, I would go with larger stonefly nymph imitations, such as the Patís Rubberlegs (aka Girdle Bug) and run a smaller nymph above it. Weight will be key.

In addition to what Chase said, add some small streamers. Fish first thing in the AM and don't move on to rainbows or brookies until you catch one.
    My posts are worthless without pictures

I usually catch browns on the same nymphs and dries that I catch the others on-no special technique needed. Just fish somewhere with a good population of browns. As others have said, the water is very high now, nymphs are where it's at, or streamers before the sun gets high.
    Specks: the other pink meat.

Now that we've posted all that, be sure to have some size 12 parachute Adams with you. My wife and I were walking in the park last night. Around 6:30, there were some awesome hatches going on. Naturally, I was stopping at all the good looking runs to look for rises and seen at least 2 nice browns regularly taking big mayflies from the surface. It about killed me not to have a fishing poLe with me.
    My posts are worthless without pictures