Thread: Hot Springs NC advice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hot Springs NC advice?

Booked 2 nights in Hot Springs for the wife and I this weekend to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. Have never been before and was seeking advise on some trout waters. Any info would be much appreciated.

Knik, I don't live too awfully far from the area that you will be in and if you don't get to try very many of the streams that have been mentioned, do try to fish Meadow Fork. It is almost entirely all on private property, but just ask some of the owners for permission and they will most likely say go right ahead. There are quite a few natives in it as well. Good luck.

Kevin.....just what I was looking for, I truly appreciate the links.
    Seng..... Thanks for the advice, we'll give it a try

Thanks guys!

I don't fish the Smokies a lot. Living on the gulf coast it's hard not to go out west. Not really practical for me to fly to the Smokies. Though I do need to venture further north in to Virginia and WV and other areas where flying would be practical. Having said that, driving to the Smokies to fish is minimum 7 hours. I can fly to Denver or Salt Lake in 6 hours with a stopover in ATL.

The wife and I do enjoy the Smokies. I love fishing Cherokee on the reservation in the C&R section. Lots of nice fish there if you can catch it during the week when the crowds are minimal. Yet to catch a big brown there, but have landed several really nice bows and the biggest brookie I've ever caught was there. Really nice football brookie with gorgeous color. If you've never been you might want to try it at least once. The brookies there are very aggressive and seem to like leach pattern streamers with a little flash or contrasting color patterns.

But like I said, when you can catch 20+ fish a day with at least a third of them breaking the 20" mark it's hard not to go west.

Will have to make another trip up for fishing, everything is blown out up here. Cute little town and very laid back.

Kevin it sounds like you've got the fishing "holes" mapped out pretty good. I have fished the C&R in Cherokee before they upped the fee.....that pretty much done me in. I love the park atmosphere with its rain forest environment and cooler temps, wife loves to hike so the little native brookies keep calling us back for more.