Thread: So I was thinking about buying a vintage bamboo

Default So I was thinking about buying a vintage bamboo

Does anyone know of a good book or site to visit that explains how care for and keep vintage bamboo rods?

I am a bamboo fly rod enthusiast. I have a couple of pretty expensive ones and a bunch that were not so expensive. They are all good. There are a couple of books by Michael Sinclair (he is in Paducah, Kentucky) that explain a lot. You should also take a look at the "Classic Bamboo Fly Rod Forum" as most of the guys on there are pretty knowledgeable. I don't remember the web address but Google is your friend.
    Joe

WWW.ClassicFlyRodForum.com
    Site frequented heavily daily by rod makers, collector, dealers, and folks just asking for information about rods they have bought, found in the attic, inherited etc. Extensive links to all makes of fine rods , makers, date of build, condition ratings and also interesting classifieds. There are dealers , collectors, and "fishermen" selling fine rods and not so fine rods in classifieds there every day in the classifieds (also collectable fishing items and reels of all manner, Bogdon to Shakespeare).

Thanks for the help.
    I am originally from Paducah and go back once a month to help my mother after her house fire.

JC Watkins