Thread: New member in Knoxville TN

Default New member in Knoxville TN

I've recently moved from Florida to the Knoxville area. I spent 20 plus years fishing the East and Gulf coasts chasing flats species with fly and conventional gear. I have to say, I'm finding the fly fishing here very different and challenging, and Im enjoying it. I'm hoping to read some threads that may speed up my learning curve, lol. If i can help anybody on the saltwater side, please give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Wt View Post
    I've recently moved from Florida to the Knoxville area. I spent 20 plus years fishing the East and Gulf coasts chasing flats species with fly and conventional gear. I have to say, I'm finding the fly fishing here very different and challenging, and Im enjoying it. I'm hoping to read some threads that may speed up my learning curve, lol. If i can help anybody on the saltwater side, please give me a shout.
    Hey 2 Wt. I too recently moved to the area (Townsend); actually, last September, but I suppose that is pretty recent. I also moved here from Florida. I have spent many days fishing the flats in Sarasota Bay. If you really want to speed up your learning curve, you should hire a reputable guide. I went fishless many days on streams in the Park, mainly because I didn't not know what I was doing. After spending a day with David Knapp's guide Travis Williams, that all changed. I learned a lot in a short amount of time and I now catch fish almost every time I go. Also, the guys at LRO can help you immensely.
    Joe
    Last edited by xvigauge; 08-16-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Xvigauge,

Thanks for your reply. Sarasota Bay Area is a great fishery. I have some experience there but not as much as other areas. I think hiring a local guide is sound advice. I’ve seen some of David Knapp’s threads on here before I jumped in and I will contact him. I think your user name is pretty cool, again thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Wt View Post
    Xvigauge,

Thanks for your reply. Sarasota Bay Area is a great fishery. I have some experience there but not as much as other areas. I think hiring a local guide is sound advice. I’ve seen some of David Knapp’s threads on here before I jumped in and I will contact him. I think your user name is pretty cool, again thanks for the advice.
    BTW, in my original post I mean't to say, "...I went 'fishless' many days on streams in the Park..." not "fishing." Sometimes I hate spell check and auto correct. One word changed my whole post and caused it not to make sense.
    Joe
    Last edited by xvigauge; 08-16-2018 at 04:20 PM.

xvigauge,

No worries, spell check will sneak up on you. I have gone fishless as well, but I am getting better.