Thread: Greenbrier Question

Default Greenbrier Question

I am going to be fishing Greenbrier for the first time in the next couple of weeks. Is it primarily rainbows, or are there also some browns in there? Any tips for that area?

No Browns now to my knowledge, they went away with the park stocking program a good many decades ago I think. There are Rainbows still stocked below the park and then
    wild Rainbows up into the park a ways, then of course Brook Trout on up higher.
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

I have never fished Greenbrier. How is the fishing in general and how far do you have to go up to get into Brookies?
    Thanks,
    Jed
    Bamboo flyrods, old four wheel drives, small streams
    "I will make you fishers of men"- Christ
    email: dawgvet2003(at)yahoo(dot)com

The Greenbriar area has several streams in it. Some are more difficult to fish than others. I have caught some decent sized rainbows there nothing any better than some other areas I normally fish.

i haven’t fished it in a couple of years mainly due to the difficulty of getting there via Gatlinburg or distance of coming through Newport way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgvet View Post
    I have never fished Greenbrier. How is the fishing in general and how far do you have to go up to get into Brookies?
    Thanks,
    Jed
    A FEW brookies start turning up around the Ramsey Cascades trailhead and their numbers increase the higher you go up the drainage of course...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog