Thread: Another report

Default Another report

Hit NC side of park Friday. Drove in from SC and started hiking round 8:20 or so. Hit creek around 9:00 and started fishing. Realized all my tippet was old when I broke off several droppers pretty quick. A few years ago I bought a dozen Batman nymphs just because they sounded cool. Never had much luck with them so I figured I wasn’t out much if I lost a few. Turned out to be the most productive fly of the day. Fished under dry but caught most on the dropper. Around 20 to hand. Missed about as many. First trip this year. Gotta get back soon.

OK gjbu, you've got our interest. What is the "Batman" nymph? Could you possibly post a photo, give a tying recipe, or at the very least, describe it to us?
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by xvigauge View Post
    OK gjbu, you've got our interest. What is the "Batman" nymph? Could you possibly post a photo, give a tying recipe, or at the very least, describe it to us?
    Joe
    google brought this up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh9VkDzb30g

I googled it too and saw the above video and a few other posts, but knowing that there are usually many, if not a few, versions of all the flies out there I was interested in the specific nymph that gjbu used.
    Joe

JayR that’s pretty much it. I bought a dozen from Sierra trading post for $4 or so on a close out. They are purple with the rubbers legs and bead. It worked well enough that I fished it until stopped that afternoon. Any nymph might have worked. Fish were pretty active.

Thanks for confirming gjbu. I will tie some up and give them a try.
    Joe

This is my attempt at the Batman Nymph. My only change from what I found in my google search was that I eliminated the rubber legs. Will give it a try.

Good looking bugs! Trout love purple