Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cades Cove Question

Quote Originally Posted by JayR View Post
    Just a FWIW response, be careful posting specific streams/locations on this (and other) boards. Unless you want it overrrun with fishermen. And yes, I have seen this happen. For every one poster on here there are hundreds of readers not to mention the dozens of search engines that pick up the names and locations.

Being as this his board doesn’t have IM capabilities, it makes it a bit difficult to do so.
    Good point JayR. I am assuming that water wolf, or anyone else would/could send me a private message with info on those "secret" spots.....Joe

Quote Originally Posted by xvigauge View Post
    Good point JayR. I am assuming that water wolf, or anyone else would/could send me a private message with info on those "secret" spots.....Joe
    Therein lies the problem, this board doesn’t have that capability.

Short of posting your direct email address or phone number, I am not aware of any other way to go “offline”.

Quote Originally Posted by JayR View Post
    Therein lies the problem, this board doesn’t have that capability.

Short of posting your direct email address or phone number, I am not aware of any other way to go “offline”.
    Thanks for telling me JayR. I just thought that the "notifications" function on the top main menu bar was for receiving messages from forum members. I tried to send you a pm but could not do it. This is the first forum I have ever been on that did not allow private messages to be sent back and forth among members. But, for now, if anyone wanting to contact me would just concentrate vary hard and send the message to me via mental telepathy, that may work. There are many strange spirits up here in the mountains where I live.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by xvigauge View Post
    if anyone wanting to contact me would just concentrate vary hard and send the message to me via mental telepathy, that may work. There are many strange spirits up here in the mountains where I live.
    Joe
    I ain't going to do that again! Last time I tried to constipate that hard I nearly messed my britches!

hNt

Oh, concentrate, never mind then!
    A man fishing for minnows, no matter how beautiful the minnow, is not after fish.
    A man called Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    I ain't going to do that again! Last time I tried to constipate that hard I nearly messed my britches!

hNt

Oh, concentrate, never mind then!

LOL!!!!!!!

Joe

I may ask about how to tie a certain fly but never will I ask about a stream by name. Half the fun is searching these creeks in person for myself. Results to me seem better and more rewarding that way.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by trad bow View Post
    I may ask about how to tie a certain fly but never will I ask about a stream by name. Half the fun is searching these creeks in person for myself. Results to me seem better and more rewarding that way.
    Jeff
    That is true, but when you are running out of time, and don't have that many more fishing days left in your life to spend searching or fishing, it sure is tempting.
    Joe

Im 62 and disabled but just take it a day at the time and one creek at a time. Hopefully we can get together later this fall and do a little creek fishing.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by trad bow View Post
    Im 62 and disabled but just take it a day at the time and one creek at a time. Hopefully we can get together later this fall and do a little creek fishing.
    Jeff

I'm 68 and have arthritis. Some days are better than other days. Sounds like a plan. Why do you have to wait until fall?
    Joe

Sorry for my long delay in responding. I actually just got back from a weekend camping trip to Cades cove and fished Anthony above the picnic area. My report is don’t water your time, there are some fish but they’re really small and the steam is a war zone of downed trees. There’s better options back towards tonswend if you catch my drift.

early this summer I spent several really enjoyable days on Cosby creek around the camp ground, I know no one wants things named but I don’t really care to be honest. It’s super easy to access and has good numbers of broke trout and rainbows. It’s worth fishing imo