Thread: bucket list

Default bucket list

I am wanting to check some more creeks off my list this summer and I have been wondering about Meigs creek. I'm not asking for anyone's honey hole or anything like that, I'm just wondering is it worth the time? I don't have a lot of time to fish the Smokies, usually just a few days a year and I am just wondering. I am usually more interested in the trip and the experience than the fish, but it sure makes it alot more fun to catch one every once in a while. Which brings up another point, I'll probably hike in from the Sinks, I'm guessing it'll take a hour or so to get to creek and back?

thanks for the advice,
    hNt
    A man fishing for minnows, no matter how beautiful the minnow, is not after fish.
    A man called Boomer

According to Cassada's book, there are natives in that stream. I've never fished it though. I would think the fishing would be pretty good since, I assume, it doesn't get a lot of visitors.

I have read about Meig’s creek in a couple of different places. I can’t remember where, but what I do recall is it’s a pretty good hike back in there as you cannot climb the falls where it hits Little River. I also recall reading it is very skinny water with a lot of rhododendron on it, making fishing it pretty difficult. That being said, I doubt it gets much if any fishing pressure. It could be a gem, or not.

Search this forum for Meigs. I recall a post asking the same thing a while back.

Hike in from the sinks, no trails. Some Brook trout, not a whole lot.