Thread: cherokee trophy waters

Default cherokee trophy waters

Bringing a buddy out in september around the middle of the month. Ive fished it once, with a guide. Does anyone care to share what flies would be productive for this area. Its his first trip out and i would really like to see him catch a good quality fish. Thanks!!

It's been a while since I've fished that area, couple years now, but, I've done well in those waters with girdle bugs, size 8-10, rubber-legged in subtle colors like brown, black, dull green etc. Fishing this time of year I weight them and fish a small foam indicator up toward the leader butt.
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.

Default Smokeys

Quote Originally Posted by flyguys View Post
    Bringing a buddy out in september around the middle of the month. Ive fished it once, with a guide. Does anyone care to share what flies would be productive for this area. Its his first trip out and i would really like to see him catch a good quality fish. Thanks!!

You can always call Tuck fly shop and ask what the fish are eating the week before you go. They are always helpful.There are also a couple good fly charts online.
    I high stick backcountry in the Park mainly. Girdle bugs, Squirmies and some other Stone flies were good last week. Don't be afraid to switch up flies if they aren't biting. I caught quite a few a couple weeks ago on a purple prince nymph. I also search prior years fly fishing reports for the same month's in past years

Ohoopee