Thread: Atlanta Fly Fishing Show 2020 Day One

Default Atlanta Fly Fishing Show 2020 Day One

DAY ONE
    ATLANTA FLY FISHING SHOW

Just arrived first stop the famous Dave Whitlock fly tying seminar. 85 years young and still commanding the vise. He will be inducted on April 18th at the Fly Fishing Hall of Fame Museum in BRYSON CITY. Make plans to go !!! Check out our own Tradd Little and Tim Flagler of Tightline Videos splitting a booth!

DAVE WHITLOCK

DAVE WHITLOCK FLY

Last edited by bigsur; 01-31-2020 at 11:35 PM.
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

Default Day 2 Atlanta Fly Fishing Show 2-1-2020

ATLANTA FLY FISHING SHOW 2020
    DAY 2

The second day was packed and in full swing by midday. If you have never been to one of the Furimsky Fly Fishing Shows it is amazing how large it is and the variety of booths and seminars.

It is almost impossible even over two days to take it all in. It was very cool to see locals like Will Davis tying at his booth for two days, right next to Tradd Little and Tim Flagler. Big Frank of Big Frank's Outdoors boats in Maryville had multi boats and travel trailers in a large display.

New products were in abundance and there was a buzz about a new vise base company owned by a young man from NC called Ce Tech Innovations. Made in the USA the vise bases come in a variety of colors. See the picture below.

This year I kept a promise to myself and after 3 years of driving home on Sunday kicking myself for not doing it, I got a beautiful vise base hand painted by Dave Whitlock. You can find in flyshops but is a lot cooler when you buy from Dave & his wife Emily at the show. They will be back in the area on April 18th at the Bryson City Fly Fishing Museum Hall of Fame where Dave will be inducted along with Don Kirk, and others.

Below are pictures from Day 2, this year marked year 4 in Atlanta and here's hoping more years to come!

Ce Tech Innovations owner and designer Corey Easter

Big attention getter from tiers

Big Frank of Maryville

One of 2 casting seminar areas

Tim Flagler of Tightline Videos fame

Dave & Emily Whitlock working the booth

My new Whitlock vise base!

How bout Stealthcraft's latest drift boat

Yes even bluegrass at the show by Dave Blackburn musician and angler.
    Last edited by bigsur; 02-02-2020 at 09:08 PM.
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."

That’s a good looking vise base for sure.

It was my first time going to the show and I really enjoyed it. Tradd is amazing and interesting to talk to . It’s great to see young folks like him and Will Davis showing so much enthusiasm for fly tying and fishing. I just wish I had a chance to sit in on all the seminars as I found them very interesting.