Thread: wading boots??

Default wading boots??

Im wondering about the Korkers specifically, but what kind do you guys use? I normally only hike in a mile or so then start fishing. Im afraid felt soles won't hold up to the hiking but im not sure.
    “A man fishing for minnows, no matter how beautiful the minnow, is not after fish.”
    A man called Boomer

You can just replace the felt soles with new ones if they do wear, that's the beauty of them.

That being said, I had a pair of Korkers and the soles were fine, it was the stitching on the boot that failed in two years.

Lightbulb Simms Flyweight Shoe

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    Im wondering about the Korkers specifically, but what kind do you guys use? I normally only hike in a mile or so then start fishing. Im afraid felt soles won't hold up to the hiking but im not sure.
    You might want to consider something similar to the Simms Wading Shoes and get them large enough to fit your setup.

Flyweight Shoe

For warmer days, leave the waders at home and enjoy the lightweight reliability of the Flyweight Shoe. Simms designed this shoe to move seamlessly from trail to river bed or lake bottom, while allowing you to move freely without the weight of a boot.

• Sneaker for wet wading and hiking
    • Synthetic upper dries quickly out of the water
    • Vibram Idrogrip outsole excels in wet environments
    • Cushioned midsole reduces fatigue during long days
    • TPU reinforcements protect high-abrasion zones
    • Item #SMMF066

Tech Specs

Upper Materialsynthetic, TPU film
    Closurelace
    Midsolecushioned
    SoleVibram Idrogrip
    Claimed Weight[single, size 11] 1lb 4.1oz
    Recommended Useflatwater paddling, river fishing, river paddling
    Manufacturer
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”

korkers are a neat idea but ive had 2 different pairs and the stitching just doesnt hold up.
    One pair gave out in under a year.

I'm on my second pair of patagonia ultralights and i like them a lot. I also had a pair of their foot tractor boots when they offered a felt sole.
    For hikes 2+ miles, i'll just carry them and change shoes. A long hike out in wet boots is no fun, no matter what sort of sole you have on them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
    korkers are a neat idea but ive had 2 different pairs and the stitching just doesnt hold up.
    One pair gave out in under a year.

I'm on my second pair of patagonia ultralights and i like them a lot. I also had a pair of their foot tractor boots when they offered a felt sole.
    For hikes 2+ miles, i'll just carry them and change shoes. A long hike out in wet boots is no fun, no matter what sort of sole you have on them.

I think this is a key issue pointed out by GrannyKnot and would probably suit your problem in finding a good boot.
    “Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
    These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
    power
    to choose, to respond, to change.”