Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP John

I am really sorry to hear this. As others have already mentioned, John was one of the kindest, most generous people I have ever met. He was an amazing person and will be sorely missed. I'll never forget getting to fish the Clinch River one day with him. I always think of him as I float past that spot we fished a few years back. He also got me involved in helping with Trout Camp and that has been a joy to help with. His spirit of giving is contagious and is what got me started helping with the fishing days at Trout Camp. You simply couldn't say no to John! Those of you who got to spend a lot of time with him are incredibly fortunate and you will all be in my thoughts and prayers right now.
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Default John Thurman Obituary October 2020

Below is the link to John Thurman's Obituary:

John's life spanned many interests as you will see and he was accomplished in them all.
    Please note that in October before his passing we approved unanimously through the Tennessee Trout Unlimited State Council the renaming
    of the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Adventure Camp to the John Thurman Smoky Mountain Trout Adventure Camp. It was because of his work,
    ideas, and dedication it has grown to be the success it is for young anglers and campers.

As many of you know the "IRON MAN FLY CONTEST" we hold every January at DEAD END BBQ is how we raise the money to sponsor a camper each summer. This event exists because of the foundation John Thurman built to make the camp possible. We owe him a debt and obligation to continue his work. God bless to him and his family!

CLICK HERE: Obituary for John Thurman at Holley Gamble Funeral Home -Clinton
    Last edited by bigsur; 10-30-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    "It starts with a raindrop, don't let it end with a teardrop!"

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"

Follow the Great Smoky Mountain Trout Unlimited website:

http://greatsmokymountain.tu.org/

FACEBOOK: http://m.facebook.com/GreatSmokyMountainTU/

"A true conservationist is someone who knows that the world is not given by their fathers, but borrowed from their children."