Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hazel Creek Bear Attack Update

Some friends and I put in on Hazel the week after this happened last year. This year we are going in on the one year anniversary. (Accidental as we were going to BWCA but had to cancel due to the fires.). We keep a clean camp and would never feed them. That said it is kind of a weird feeling knowing what happened. Iíll post a report when we return.

You are way ahead of the game if you keep a clean camp. Numbers usually mean less trouble to. Have fun, hope you catch a bunch of fish.
    Last edited by flyman; 09-06-2021 at 06:12 AM. Reason: 42
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Yeah, definitely let us know how you do! I posted a story on here several years ago, I ran into a sow with 2 cubs, in the river flipping rocks hunting. I slid out of the Rhodo thicket completely blind to them, but had heard the rocks clacking as I slid down the hillside. Very scary! I was close enough to hear mom grunting at the little ones, and she did that front bounce on both feet at me. I never want to be in that situation again, very fortunate!!
    <(((>< In tribute to Ben, Duck Hunter extraordinaire, and man's best friend.