Thread: Fishing Buddy

Default Fishing Buddy

Wading rivers alone at age 62 seems like a bad idea. If someone is interested in fishing the GSMNP or the local tail waters, let me know. I am retired and have a flexible schedule.
    Mike
    "I'm just here to entertain the fish"

Mike - I know what you mean. I will be retiring later this year and will be in the same boat as you are now. It doesn't really help your situation right now, but maybe we can get together sometime this fall and check out some of the local water. I'm generally not much on fishing the tail waters, but visit the park as well as some of the wild trout streams in the CNF as often as I can. I've already informed my wife that, post-retirement I WILL be making at least one serious fishing trip per month for as long as I'm able. If that sounds good to you let me know and we'll work out a way to exchange contact info and go from there.

In the meantime, you might go to one of the Little River Chapter of Trout Unlimited's meetings to meet some of the other folks in that group. There are quite a few members who are retiree's with flexible schedules that fish various waters on a pretty regular basis. The meetings are on the 4th Thursday of the month, usually at the Blue Tick Tavern in Maryville. The next meeting will be 4/28/2020. Social hour starts at 6:00pm, with the meeting proper around 7:00.
    Fly fishing - it's cheaper than a bass boat!