Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Little Help...please

Default Middle Prong

To answer your question specifically about the Middle Prong, that is the river that runs up through Tremont and beyond.
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

Wow this is getting me so excited... i am so used to the pool fishing of the West Prong of the lil pigeon and this new water sounds awesome, i know everyone fishes it, and that is why i have stayed away from it, but i would love to try it out. Does it fish similar to pool fishing or is it wider and would require waders? I am assuming one would still fish the faster water with the same flies as they might use around the rest of the park?
    -Ahudd
    Last edited by ahuddleston; 07-12-2007 at 07:08 AM.

Default Just to clear things up

It is very confusing for newcomers so here goes.

The river people refer to for the most part when they say west prong is West Prong of Little River. So far so good, but then there's West Prong of Little Pigeon River, which is sometimes called just west prong and it is located in the Sugarlands area. Then we have Middle Prong of Little River which is the river most people talk about when they say middle prong. This river is sometimes referred to as Tremont. There is also another middle prong, which is Middle Prong of Little Pigeon River which is in the Greenbriar area on the other side of Gatlinburg. This river is mostly called Greenbriar but ocasionally referred to as middle prong. The main river of Littler River is mostly called just Little River and sometimes called Elkmont.

I think this needs to be said since a lot of people have a name confusion on this. I'll get off of my soap box now HE HE.

The "y" is an excellent spot when it is cooler and the tubers are gone and the water is cold and the trout move down stream to warmer water on little river. Also a good spot is little river up around elkmont campground early mounring and late evening when the swimmers and tubers aren't there. You can never go wrong with middle prong at the tremont vistors center and beyond on the gravel road is excellent usually under any circumstance, even the extremly low water there is now. Also the little river trail at elkmont camp ground is good place for a hike and fish. GREEN WEENIES good luck

Also, there's the two streams that form the Middle Prong - Lynn Camp and Thunderhead. I'm going to try to make it a point to fish Lynn Camp before it's closed next year.

Default Thanks

Thanks for all of the useful information... I cant wait to get to try these new spots out. Thanks for clearing up all of the river names it is so confusing to me always...
    -Ahudd